Tuesday, March 06, 2007

hungry for a home-made craft...?

With all these tests and papers... a home made craft, outside of my design major, sounds really appealing! My spring break is coming soon and I have already decided a list of "crafts to do". I think art is a very stress relieving and a therapeutic outlet for me- AS long as it has no deadlines. =) So among my numerous creative desires, I have decided to paint, sew, collage, print, scrap, frame, and shoot! I cant wait!


As some of you might know, I love to write letters and exchange thoughts through the mail. I love the feeling of taking a stuffed envelope out of the mail box, and the anticipation of what the envelope contains as I walk back inside. (If it get's that far) It's so exciting for me to read what others have written for me and then to exchange that back to them. Right now I think I have 3 fairly steady pen pals, in which we exchange letters/cards/packages. But I think that a lot of my enjoyment of pen pals is in my obsession for stationary and office supplies! (which I share with my MOther! whom is obsessed with PENS...Dont ever trust her with your writing utensil- She will in deed steal it and never return it!!) But, I really enjoy personalizing. Here are a few I like and who knows..Maybe I'll have time during my break to make. =)















3 comments:

Natalie Joy said...

Beautiful note cards. I love that feeling of seeing a heavy (not bill shaped) envelope, wondering who its from and what news it shares. Hand written notes are definitely a lost art.

Amy Flege said...

hey girlie.... i need your address and i would love to start writing you!!! i miss ya!!!

Tina said...

I want those!