Thursday, January 19, 2006

Family


Over break I had a lot of fun being with my family. It seems like when I am at college I miss them sooo much but then when I get home they annoy me to death. :o) For New Years, since there was no church stuff going on, we made our own Family New Years trip at Mall of America. On christmas, us girls got a basket with New Years party stuff and a card, each with 100 bucks to spend. It was fun, we went swimming and shopping and stayed up late playing poker. My dad taught EMILY pretty well...she almost beats him everytime. I think that the coolest thing we did though was just spending time together. After we counted down and watched the ball drop we had a bible study and just spent time as a family.

Being here at college I miss those moments, but I cherish them even more now. I love my family so much and miss them a lot. But I think that being here God has really showed me a lot and is continuing to teach me things. Even though sometimes I just want to give up and come home, I know that God wants me to finish what I have started and to continue to seek him.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD...

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you...

3 comments:

Heth said...

I love you and I love your family. You guys are awesome.

Tina said...

hey... don't tell anyone about the poker.

Natalie Joy said...

Too late, t. You are a wise young woman. Always remember this time. It won't last forever. Even though it is hard, God is creating your character. And, that lasts forever.